Title: What Is An Illegal Order?
The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), codifying the Nuremberg Principles, require that a servicemember decline an illegal order.
What does this mean in real-life?
A panel of persons with experienced will discuss this timely issue from a legal standpoint at the January 30, 2007 meeting of the WSBA World Peace Through Law Section.
- Adam Torem (currently Administrative Law Judge)
- Carie Burgess : Navy (currently Microsoft)
- Eric Krauss (currently JAG)
- Jay D. Hastings: Marines (currently civilian lawyer)
- Mark Shea: Marines (currently Microsoft)
- Traca Fragomene: Navy (currently lawyer)
If you are a Panel Member, feel free to update your information by clicking on the "edit" link below, and following directions! Or email the site admin with the information you'd like to see here: moc.oohay|3002nniwer#moc.oohay|3002nniwer . (Or ask your nearest teenager … )
Documents that may be helpful for understanding this subject matter
- Order denying use of "Nuremberg Defense" by Lt. Watada: http://peacelaw.wikidot.com/local--files/2007-01-30/2007-01-16-rules
- Order denying "Freedom of Speech" defense by Lt. Watada: http://peacelaw.wikidot.com/local--files/2007-01-30/2007-01-16-speech